Monday, February 25, 2008

The Joy of the Lord

This weekend Lauren asked Joshua a very serious question. One that I'm sure she has pondered for quite some time. And I'm certain that when she asked him that her posture posed the question and her was head was slightly down and titled to the side, yet her gaze was straight ahead. "Daddy, is there 24 hours in a day or is there 24 hours in seven minutes...?" "There is 24 hours in a day," replied Daddy. "Well, why do they say 24/7...?" I love it.

In the truck Sunday afternoon, we were making declarations of Truth. I would say a declaration and the children would repeat it after me. Soon they were really getting into and getting much, much louder. The toward the end I shouted, “I am a child of God!!!” and the children shouted it back, yet Joseph decided to add a twist… he shouted “I am a child of God, BOOYAH!!!” It was hilarious, and I know God was laughing too!!

2 comments:

Pajama Mama said...

Booyah!! heehee.

You never know what's going through our kids minds.

KateVonGlahn said...

So proud of you how you are teaching your kids. Good example for the rest of us!