Friday, March 7, 2008

Jet planes and play cameras

HOLY COW WHAT A WEEK!!! It’s official. It has begun. All 3 of my children have to been in 3 different places tomorrow all at the same time!! I knew it was coming. I need a logistics major to figure this all out, and I have family that can help out. Kudos to those of you who pioneer this on your own!! And I have to pat myself on the back. Last night I ventured out with 4 children to the local department store, Peebles, AND they were hungry too. Yep I did it!! One 10 years old, one 8 years old and two 4 years old. And we survived! Bought 3 dresses for Lauren, a shirt and pair of shorts for Hannah, a skirt for me and here is my secret weapon…jet plane toys for Joseph and a play camera for Blake. Yep, I must say, after 10 years I figured it out. When you first get to a store, go straight to the toys, tell the little ones to find a toy that says 299 or 599 or in our case last night 999 ($9.99). They carry it around the store and it turns into a bargaining chip for the rest of the shopping adventure. Yes, I resort to bribery at this age, especially when they are hungry and tired…so shoot me. It totally worked!

3 comments:

KateVonGlahn said...

Sometimes bribery is the only way to go. Seriously.

Hannah Hoffmann said...

Luke is just getting old enough to be bribed. I don't even feel guilty. Is that bad?

Pajama Mama said...

I don't consider it bribery. I consider it SURVIVAL!

I love me some Peebles, now!