Friday, February 15, 2008

Ramblings

TGIF!!!

Just when I sound like I know all the answers to the issues of others, God ever so gently reminds me not to get too cozy in my assumptions. That His ways are sooo much better than mine.

I do tend to think that I allow my children to handle their issues on their own for the most part. I don't want puppets on a string or robots, but relationships with vibrant personalities. I want to rear children to be able to cope when life throws them a curve ball, giving them the knowledge of where to turn for answers, yet wanting them to think for themselves, knowing where and how to find healing and restoration, yet giving them a choice. But, at the same time, I love them dearly, so I make suggestions, give my honest opinion on how I think best to handle a situation when asked, and perhaps even scheme scenarios and situations to see how they will react so that they will learn from them or maybe to teach them patience, strength and endurance. I can help but think this a close comparison to the way my Father loves me and wants me to grow into relationship that's vibrant with personality too.

It’s about that time again. I think it has been this way with all of my children, ya know, that discipline era that happens every six months and last for about a week, the one where it seems like you have to spank 3 or 4 times a day, every day, for up to a week. Yep, it's Joseph's turn. I really to hate this part of being a parent. I remember calling mama during one of Hannah's eras, crying that I felt like a bad parent because I was having to stay on her so much. Well, so much for that. With Lauren and Joseph...it's like...bring it on and let’s get it over with!! To those of you with just one little darling, you just aren't doing yourself justice. With just one, your heart gets broken so easily, but when the second, third, etc. come along, you really do realize that that little darling, with those sweet little eyes can and turned up lip, can play you up and down like a fiddle and you learn not to take it so personal. I should know, I was basically an only child and boy could I play my parents...sorry mom and dad. OK, i've rambled enough.

1 comment:

KateVonGlahn said...

So are you saying that the older they get the less you have struggles of the will? I would sure love to hear that message!