Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I've got friends in high places...

Sleep is a privilege these days. Even though I yearn to get a full 8 hours sleep (yes Kate and Hannah your day is coming...), I've been able to spend my waking hours with a dear friend of mine, my Abba Father. He is such a great listener and is my comforter. And He doesn’t care that I have bed head, that my husband is snoring and sleeps with a hair dryer, that Joseph interrupts wanting to get in our bed even though he’s almost 5, that the dog is barking at the stray cat, etc. (wow, I have a lot going on through the night…) He just listens because He loves and He loves because He is love. Yep, we've got it pretty good...don't need whiskey to drown or beer to chase our blues away, we've got the real stuff.

2 comments:

KateVonGlahn said...

I had forgotten about the hair dryer thing.

It is cool that He is listening because He WANTS to. Can't say that about many people.

HaleyM said...

You know for some strange off the wall reason I was thinking about Joshua sleeping with a hair dryer the other day! Too funny!