Monday, February 11, 2008

The smell of feet, school joys & pancakes

When your 8 yr old (the one who is the pretty princess but insists that she doesn't need a bath everyday, just perhaps once a week) tells you that your car smells like feet...my oh my, it's time for intervention!! Yuck!!! This was on Thursday and the intervention has yet to take place...pull out the nose plugs for now is all I can say...maybe i'll let my colors fly in victory this evening, but I highly doubt it. Homework, housework, etc will probably win. Let's see, note to self, schedule time to clean up my car... March 22nd. Oh dear.

Joseph suffers from asthma (the car probably doesn't help this!) and was out of school Mon-Thurs. Joshua had back surgery early Friday morning, so Pat-Pat came over that morning to prepare them for school. Being the honorable daughter-in-law that I am, began to warn her of the Joseph's evil twin that shows up at 6:30 am Mon-Fri and lasts until 7:30 am. Confident that I had prepared for the worst and armed her with a honeybun, we went on our way. She calls. Knowing that I'm about to apologize that I put her through the trenches, she begins to tell me that Joseph was just delightful. Excuse me!!! What!! Yep, he sat up and squealed..."I get to go to school today and see Turner and play with Blake on the playground, and when Blake does 'eeny meeny minee mo', she always picks me." Grandparents...need I say more.

Sunday morning was absolutely divine. Instead of going to church, we all got up as a family (with one extra - Blakey) and cooked pancakes, eggs, cheese toast, bacon.. the works, listened to praise and worship songs, and just talked and loved on each other...so precious.

2 comments:

Pelham said...

Anna, I am oh so proud of you! Thanks for sharing your blog with me. Now I can stalk you just like I do Fiona.

KateVonGlahn said...

I'm sort of glad and sort of irritated at the same time when my kids act so sweet and perfect for someone else. I mean, why can't they do that for me?