Wednesday, June 18, 2008

SuperFruit

SuperFruit aka Zucchini… Yes this is the way that Joshua got Joseph to eat this 4 bites of Zucchini…I mean, SuperFruit. I’m the practical, disciplinary parent and Joshua is the pushover, fun-loving parent. We actually compliment each other quite nicely. Well, I told Joseph that he had to eat his Zucchini, before he could get up from the table and/or eat his dessert of chocolate candy. Then comes the drama of the “I don’t feel good…” “But it will make me throw up…” “It feels gross in my mouth…” and my personal favorite… “I have a headache…” All these little nonsense’s go right over me – I don’t have time for that crap, now get over it and eat your Zucchini…that’s what I really want to say, but instead I just leave the room and begin cleaning up the dishes. It really doesn’t bother me how long he sits there…and whines, I can totally tune it out and go about my night. He will eventually eat his Zucchini when he’s not getting the attention and everyone has moved on…ENTER JOSHUA… “Joseph, what color is that stuff on your plate?” “Green,” says Joseph oh so pitifully. “What color is the incredible Hulk?” Joshua asks most enthusiastically. “Green,” says Joseph a little less pitifully. “That green stuff is SUPERFRUIT!!!” Joshua exclaims and bounds around the dinner table… and so it begins. I must admit that it was quite a show, and we were all laughing at Joshua and Joseph’s dialogue. About 20 mins later all the SuperFruit was gone off Joseph’s plate and Joseph was running around the house saying that he could feel is muscles getting bigger…(Had we done it my way it would have only taken about 5 minutes…he wouldn’t have sat there too long once the attention was gone) Joshua is an incredible father. And I’m so glad that he enters the rooms sometimes and can make things not so hard…or practical. AND I’m so grateful that my heavenly father does the same. Has your Abba Father given you some SuperFruit lately? Anyway, I don’t think Zucchini will ever be the same at our house…SuperFruit.

3 comments:

Hannah Hoffmann said...

Any tips for making pooping in the potty sound fun?

Anna said...

LOL - I'll pass your request onto Joshua!!

KateVonGlahn said...

Too funny! I love it.