Tuesday, June 24, 2008

another tip...

There is a wonderful website out there that helps me not to stress over how to balance an 8-5 job, motherhood, housework, meals, being a wife...etc. It's www.flylady.net. This is a website that tells me where and what to clean for the day, reminds me to drink my water, helps me to take a break for me, etc. My biggest obstacle is the feeling of being so overwhelmed…If I do this, then I’ll drop the ball over there – you get the picture. I think I can honestly say Flylady saved us…it literally improved my attitude towards my husband, children, house, job and vice versa. Her motto is “Jump in where you are…” I don’t have to think about what to do – all that is required of me, my husband and the children is to follow instructions. Following instructions, believe it or not, can be difficult, but once you get the hang of it, it’s life changing. There was an MIT graduate that the studied all different types of chemicals, and had careers that dealt with such chemicals, yet he had a drug addiction. This particular man knew exactly what the chemicals were doing to his body, had been in and out of rehabs - he had the 12 steps memorized. This man knew the routine of the NA and AA program – the 12 steps, attend meetings, get a sponsor. There was really nothing that you couldn’t tell this man, yet he couldn’t kick the habit. Fortunately, he finally discovered what he wasn’t doing…he wasn’t following instructions!! Yes, he knew the in and outs of the chemicals, the program, but he was failing to do the simple thing of following the instructions of the program! So many times I find myself wondering how in the heck I get myself into situations or wonder why I can get “it” right. 99% of the time it’s because I didn’t follow the instructions. This is such a simple concept… you want the TV/VCR/DVD contraption to work correctly – follow the instructions! You want the Flylady program to work – follow the instructions! You want your husband to show you affection – follow the instructions! You want your children to be obedient – follow the instructions! Sometimes we just make life too hard when it’s so unnecessary! “Come to me all who are weary and heavy laden and I will give you rest.” Y’all!!! It’s been laid out for us. AND, this is one area where you know that you will get complete and total results - these instructions never fail. Ya know, I think I’ll quote my dear friend and mentor, Jimmy Stewart,…“Free Will can be such a b#@%* sometimes.”

1 comment:

Christy Ward said...

This is pretty cool!! Thanks for the tip!