Thursday, June 5, 2008

Catching up

Wow, I haven’t written in a while… so let me catch up. School is out…whoo hoo!!!!!! My children did great! Both the girls exceeded in their CRCTs, and are straight A students, with Hannah’s one exception of a B in the third quarter in Math. BUT she brought it up in the end with a 101 average!! You go girl! Lauren shined again bringing home six medals. Yea!! Joseph happily graduated from K-4 and is very excited that he doesn’t have to get up in the mornings.
Baconton had a football game the last day of school. It was a lot of messy fun. It rained the entire game, but the children had a blast! Joseph took a nose dive into some mud and had to be hosed off. They literally rode in the floor board home. I’m really excited about the upcoming season.
Memorial Day weekend was fun. We played at the river, worked in the yards and played in the river a little more. We are soooo blessed.
Then we all got a horrific stomach virus – it struck Hopeful with a vengeance. L
This past weekend was the dance recital and 10 year reunion. Lauren danced her heart out and has been dancing all over the house since. The reunion…well, I must admit – I thought Joshua or I would never go to one of these… But, ya know, life has a way to remind you of what is most important and quite frankly, I was tired of seeing some of these folks at funerals – life is so fragile.
As I write this, the children and Joshua are at the beach, and I’m at work. I’ll join them Friday night only to return Sunday evening to teach 3rd – 5th grade VBS for 5 nights!

No comments: