Wednesday, June 18, 2008

For all my fellow bloggers who are moms...

Ok, so I’ve read a few of my friends blogs lately, and thought I’d pass on a little sanity saver that was passed onto me by a mother of 8 and a mother of 5. This advice is a little early for some, but maybe it will come in handy eventually. By now most of you have found out that finding a few moments to yourself, other than at nap time, are few and far between. Now, I do my best to get up before everyone else to have a moment, and although I’m a morning person, this is sometimes still a struggle. SOOO…try this… Go to Target/Bed, Bath & Beyond/ or somewhere similar, buy a very large, comfy bath rug. Now, about the ONLY place that I could find peace was in the bathroom!!! I taught my children early on that if the bathroom door was shut, they must give me some privacy. Even my dear husband knows to knock before entering!!! Now, this is where the bath mat comes in. I’m so not kidding when I say this…I would sit/lay on the mat and say a prayer, or be still, or just take a breather! It’s AMAZING what a 5-minute timeout can do for a stressed out mom. I’ve been told by the mom of 8 that when teenage years come along, that sitting on a bath rug won’t be enough…It will take a hot shower to distress!!! Blessings...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Anna I love it. I have been reading some of your blogs and they help. Thank you.
(amanda floyd)