Monday, September 8, 2008

A real Monday

Well, today is actually going pretty good, and it's a real MONDAY! :) It was, however, a very hard weekend - physically, spiritually and emotionally. BUT, I figure out why...I begin a bible study tonight with an exceptionally diverse group of women. Not any particular bible study with a workbook or video, but one where we are just going to allow the Holy Spirit to lead using teachers in our community and each other. I'm very excited about this because boy did Satan have a bullseye (sp?) on my forehead these last few days. Which I choose to interpret that God must have a lot in store for us (me) if Satan was trying so hard to tear me down! I must admit that I gave into some of his lies and tactics, BUT, I, along with some help from my girls, danced (literally!) my blues and fears away. My tears literally turned into uncontrollable laughter right there in the Presbyterian Church on Sunday afternoon! It was incredible to witness just what the Holy Spirit can accomplish in 2 hours with a mama and two young girls when you walk in with no agenda, just as you are, in childlike expectation of Him just to show up.

Over the last year, our family has seen and experienced some really neat ways to worship through singing, dancing, drama and the use of flags in churches throughout Alabama, Florida and North Carolina. Needless to say, in Camilla there just aren’t many places that incorporate this kind of worship into their services. Not that they wouldn’t, but they just aren’t doing it…yet. So, yesterday, we went to Walmart where Lauren picked out some rainbow fabric – got some sticks (which I learned later are called dowels…) and fabric glue. In 10 minutes we had 4 flags made, grabbed a random CD out of the car and headed to the church around 3 in the afternoon. I turned on the music, flipping through the songs while the girls danced around and waved their flags. I got to particular song, and it hit us all at the same time. A dance/drama/flag thing began to unfold. Within 30 minutes, the Holy Spirit had created something beautiful through our worship. Lauren wanted to share it with Wellspring that night, but I was hesitant. We didn’t have elaborate costumes; we had glued flags that were fraying; the dancing wasn’t perfected by rigorous practice – we were just right where we got out of the car – street clothes, no makeup, sweat and all, but Lauren insisted. I’m glad she was obedient. It was a god appointed moment. And I think if you choose to observe us through your spiritual eyes, you would have seen us in glorious, flowing attire, with immaculate flags, dancing in perfect harmony on shimmering clouds. Joey said he was glad that we didn’t have on costumes, etcs – that God meets us right where we are, just as we are, and will use ways that are so unique to us – where we are less likely to rebuff His incredible love for us. I think of Papa in the shack, God knew exactly the best way to approach Mack.

I think this may be a new chapter in our lives. I believe the girls and I have a date with someone very special Sunday afternoon. He's expecting us. :)

3 comments:

Pajama Mama said...

Awww. I'm sorry we missed it. I did hear about it though from more than one person. What was the song?



Love, J

Hannah Hoffmann said...

I'm sorry I missed it, too. That sounds beautiful!

Anna said...

Come to Jesus - chris rice