Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Morning Musing

I’ve always thought of myself as a morning person. Once I’m up, I’m up. The latest I’ve slept in the last year is probably 8:30 am! Yet I’ve had a revelation. Whilst I’m up very early, nobody else is – I’m usually alone with my thoughts, the remote or a book/bible/computer and a cup of coffee. So, I think I still qualify as a morning person, but one who likes to be alone and left alone until about 10 a.m. This revelation came to me when I was sooooo wishing for a door that I could close to my office the other morning. From 7 am-8 am, it is LOVELY – only 3 of us in the office, respecting each other’s quietness! Then everyone start coming in, and for the most part, going onto their office to not really come alive until well after 9:30. BUT, then there is that one fellow employee, who at 8:00 am, is ready to talk to someone, has her boogie shoes on, unloads a ton of questions about what has and hasn’t gotten done. This is when I totally understand going postal!!! And quite frankly, I get a little testy with her. Come on, I leave you alone in the afternoons, give me my mornings!!! Any-ole-who, I guess this is just an opportunity for growth. At least she is only annoying in the a.m. I have another fellow employee that is annoying from 8-5! I’ve just gotten really good at ignoring that one! Oh my, I sound horrible, but hey, at least I’m honest! :-/

2 comments:

Christy Ward said...

This made me laugh!! And, you must be getting up at the crack of dawn to be AT work at 7am!!

KateVonGlahn said...

I know what you mean.