Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Whatch gonna pay me?

OK it’s over, for the children anyway. They aren’t near as excited about the spring cleaning idea as I am. They have done “their” rooms and don’t understand why their efforts now need to be focused on the rest of the house and then the yards when it not “theirs”. Of course, they sit at the kitchen table that’s not “theirs” and watch the TV that’s not “theirs” and ride the scooter on the driveway that’s not “theirs”…funny how that changes according to THEIR wants. Anyway, is child labor still outlawed??? Oh come on, please do not tell me I have to give my children an allowance to do something other than walk, sleep, eat and poop!!!! How did they get this way??? I’ve never been one to reward them for petty things. In fact, I think the only thing they really have been significantly awarded for is getting shots and having no cavities!! Why then is the first thing that comes out of their mouths is… “so how much are you going to pay me?” Ooohhhh, this just burns me up!!! And naturally I reply, “you get to eat don’t you…or sleep inside instead of with the dog…etc.” Anyway, where is the servant’s heart…their grandmother, my mom, is queen of service for goodness sakes!! Ya know, with all this being said…is that my response to the Lord sometimes…how much are you going to pay me or what am I going to get out of this? Hum, that’s quite a humbling thought…

1 comment:

KateVonGlahn said...

I'm proud of you for not busting their tails when they say that to you. I would be so tempted...