Friday, February 10, 2012

The game of Life

For family game night we played Life. It was hilarious. Lauren, Jo and I played for hours where Lauren beat us with $1.9 million at retirement. She was a lawyer that lived in a condo and had 2 children. She chose to go to college and therefore had a better job with a nice salary ($90,000). I
came in 2nd with $900,000 at retirement. I was a police officer ($40,000) that lost my job, but got a new one as an entertainer ($50,000). I lived in a mobile home with an RV on the side. I only had one child, but apparently had some financial savvy. Jo came in 3rd with $800,000 at retirement. He also went to college and became a doctor ($100,000). He had twins and lived in
a mansion. Lauren was too funny. She was lecturing Jo about going into debt when he bought the mansion and that it was poor judgment to buy a house he couldn’t afford. “Jo, it’s just not the house you have to think about. You also have to pay for the electricity and the water!” However, if you listened really closely, you could hear Lauren manipulate Jo into buying the house. She knew
that if he bought the house, she would win because buying mansion would cut Jo’s earnings in half. She casually said stuff like, “I have so much $, I could buy a mansion.” You get the picture. It was interesting to say the least! Hmmm….maybe Lauren would make a great attorney after all… or financial advisor….

2 comments:

Pajama Mama said...

You blogged!?!?!?!?! You actually BLOGGED?!?!?!

The Journey said...

Nice! I'll have her do all my negotiations from now on :)