Monday, December 8, 2008

This weekend will always be etched in my heart. We said our goodbyes to Joshua’s Pa Hartley. Pa graduated last week. As I write this I wonder what he is doing right now…almost with a hint of jealously. I am a foreigner in this land – this becomes more and more evident to me every day. Don’t get me wrong – of course I want to grow old with my husband and children, but I’m VERY aware that I don’t belong here – maybe the best way to described it is that I feel somewhat homesick. I’ve been told that when I see Him, I won’t ask “Why?” but rather state… “Why, of course…!” Like I’ll get “it” whatever “it” is. Yet, my urgency to get home is not to ask questions, but to continue my love story - I want to see His face CLEARLY, to be tangibly held in His embrace. I want that immediate healing of EVERY place in my fragile, broken heart the nanosecond my eyes meet His…. finally and ultimately free, secure. To have my Cinderella moment with MY Prince Charming *sigh* - I’m a true sappy romantic at heart. Oh I hear you now… “Don’t miss what today holds looking for tomorrow…” I do choose to see the blessings that every day holds, and God reflecting through His people….but oh to be smitten and dazzled by my true love. Yes, it will be a good homecoming.

We saw many old faces - they conjured up memories…good and not so good ones (I’m praying for the Lord’s mercy!). We spent most of Thursday, Friday, and Saturday at Mema’s with family. Tears were shed in the beginning, but by Saturday night, I had laughed so hard that I’m my stomach muscles are still sore this morning. It was a very cleansing weekend in a sense. I also noticed how much the younger ones are growing to look like their parents and/or extended family, having the same mannerisms and facial expressions - they were easily recognizable to be "one of us." Which brings me to my next pondering... am I easily recognizable that I'm one of His daughters? Are my mannerisms and expressions reflecting of whom I truely belong...?

No comments: