Saturday, January 10, 2015

Pretty Pantry and Meal Planning

Look what I can do! I love, love to be organized. On January 1, I spend all morning organizing our pantry. What a better way to start the New Year than organizing the heart of the family. Yep, heart… our pantry. My family loves food, I love organization and tada – a pretty pantry. So far all things have stayed in their place. 

I also took the challenge of creating a meal plan for the entire month. THAT. WAS. HARD. Holy cow. I got so frustrated because, for the life of me, I couldn’t remember a single meal that my family enjoyed. It is also very had to find a meal that every single member of the family likes, hence we keep a supply of peanut butter and jelly on hand. That is our solution – you don’t like what we are having for dinner, you may fix yourself, by yourself, a PB&J sandwich. Back to menu planning. The planning was hard, but I am loving the benefits of coming home and dinner requiring very little thought. I do believe I am going to continue this new adventure. I have however, now that the menu is complete, thought of all kinds of meals for our family…and I am writing them down so I won’t forget when time for plan for next month. It really has been great for this working mama!

No comments: